CommuteStream SDK Setup
The following instructions will get you started serving CommuteStream ads in your app. More advanced users may want to skip directly to one of the Quick Links on the right.
I. Create CommuteStream Ad Unit(s)
Follow these instructions to create a CS Ad Unit. You may need to create several depending on your needs.
- If you don't already have one, create a CommuteStream publisher account, then sign in and navigate to the Apps page.
- Click the New App button in the top right corner.
- Enter the name of your app, select the appropriate mobile platform, and click Save.
- Click New Ad Unit.
- Enter a name for the ad unit and click Save.
The system will return a new Ad Unit ID which you will need for the steps below.
- Repeat the process to add additional apps and ad units as needed. Please note that new ad units may take up to 24 hours for approval.
II. Add the CommuteStream SDK to Your Project
Now that the ad units have been configured you can proceed with integrating our SDK into your app. The most up-to-date instructions can be found in the README file of the our github SDK repositories. Please follow the appropriate link below
III. Review Best Practices
Our Best Practices doc (iOS, Android) provides further guidance, and can help answer common app-specific questions.
IV. View Test Ads
Once you've fully implmented the SDK into your app, you can follow these steps to register a specific Advertiser ID (idfa or aaid) and view test ads on a specific device.
- Login to CommuteStream
- Navigate to Apps » Test Devices
- Click New Test Device
- Fill out the form (make sure enabled is selected)
- Click Save
- Open your app in the device you registered and navigate to an ad unit that targets any of the following:
- CTA Agency
- CTA Red Line Route
- CTA Blue Line Monroe Stop
- Metra Agency
- Metra UP-NW - Union Pacific Northwest Route
- Metra Prospect Heights Stop (NCS Route)
- MTA Bus Agency
- MTA Subway 6 Lexington Ave Local Route
- MTA Subway 135th St Stop (Routes: A14,A14N,A14S)
- Metro Agency
- Metro Red Line Route
- Metro Trinidad Ave NE & Queen St NE Stop
- Metro Agency
- Metro Metro Gold Line (804) Route
- Metro Arlington/39th Stop
- TriMet Agency
- TriMet 19 Woodstock/Glisan Route
- TriMet SE Stark & 130th Stop
Salt Lake City
- UTA Agency
- UTA Green Line Route
- UTA Columbus St @ 488 N Bus Stop
- CVTD Agency
- CVTD 5 Route
- CVTD 115/120 East 100 South Stop
If you've done everything correctly you should see your native ad components populate with CS Icons, Hero Images, and copy specific to the level of targeting.